Arenas del Mar details
“An ultra hip hotel, the Arenas del Mar boasts a swish spa and a great seafront spot.”
When you step into the Arenas del Mar, it’s like escaping the outside world falling into the pages of a magazine spread. Take the lobby for instance. Small water canals weave around the place, giving it a Zen-like feel. Plus there are plenty of contemporary sofas to relax in. And for a real designer touch, there are huge illuminated shells suspended from the ceiling.
The rest of the hotel makes a real style statement, too. Take the bedrooms for example. They offer the ultimate in comfort. Spacious and minimalist, they team a light colour scheme with clean lines and funky wood furnishings. Plus they all come with large beds, satellite TVs and lounge areas. The bar is a talking point, too, with its Moorish-style stained-glass walls.
Vibe-wise, the hotel is pretty quiet and low-key. Fringed by a large sun terrace with sun loungers, parasols and palms, the infinity pool is the ultimate place to chill out. There’s a handy pool bar, too. And the views from here certainly score top marks. You can look right out over the shores of El Medano’s, the largest of Tenerife’s natural beaches. The beach itself is a great spot for surfing, with competitions held throughout the year.
To really unwind though, head for the hotel’s sumptuous spa for goodies like thalassotherapy treatments, a steam room and a whirlpool bath. There’s also a gym and an indoor pool within the spa which looks out over the sea. Those feeling a bit more lively can play table tennis or pool. And if you’re travelling with children, there’s a play centre, and a separate kids’ pool.
Location• On the seafront • 2km to El Medano beach • 2km to the resort centre with its shops, bars and restaurants • 800m to the nearest bus stop • 30 mins drive to Playa de las Americas - car hire is recommended
• Climatised saltwater swimming pool • Pool bar
• Air-conditioned main buffet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner • Weekly themed buffets • Snack bar • New Year's Eve gala dinner
• Table tennis • Fitness room
• Regular daytime and evening entertainment • Lounge • TV room • Bar • Games
• Saltwater children's pool • Play centre • Highchairs in restaurant
• 24hr reception • Internet and Wi-Fi access • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive Option package: • Money exchange • Minibar on request • Laundry service • Pool table • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • Massage • Turkish bath • Thalassotherapy • Steam bath • Spa treatments • Indoor pool for guests using the Spa
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, hairdryer and mountain view. Standard rooms are Junior Suites, which have 2 beds in the bedroom plus a sofa bed in the lounge area - lounge area is not separate from bedroom. These sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
We also offer Suites and Sea-view rooms.
Suites have 1 bathroom and sleep 5 adults or 3 adults and 2 children, with 2 separate beds in the bedrooms plus sofa beds that sleep 3 in the lounge area.
All Inclusive Option
• Full board buffet meals • Snacks in the pool bar 10.00-13.00 • Afternoon tea in the pool bar or hall bar 16.00-18.00 • Beverages and local alcoholic drinks served in the hall bar and pool bar • Drinks served in the disco bar • Time restrictions will apply • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive Option package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide