Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort details
With a beachside location and a fantastic pool scene, this place puts relaxation at the top of the agenda.
Set right next to Caleta de Fuste Beach, this complex is a real antidote to everyday life. It’s just seconds from the sand, so sea views aren’t in short supply. What’s more, this part of the coast is a world-class diving spot. The diving school next door provides its own dive instructors, so you can explore the coral reefs whenever you fancy.
In terms of things to do here, the swimming pools are centre of attention. There are three to choose from, each with its own wide sun terrace dotted with sunloungers, parasols and palms. Trimmings come in the form of a children’s pool, an open-air hot tub and two snack bars.
Next to the complex, meanwhile, there’s a sleek spa – the Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa. It specialises in thalassotherapy and counts seaweed wraps, hydro-massages and salt scrubs among its treatments.
Back at the complex, cube-style apartments are tucked into leafy grounds, so everything feels pretty private. And, they all come with kitchenettes, living rooms and terraces.
On the food front, breakfasts here are part of the package. Head to the sea-facing restaurant for a variety of hot and cold dishes served on its al fresco terrace. For lunch and dinner, meanwhile, there’s a strip of bars and restaurants just a few minutes’ walk away.
Lastly, when it comes to entertainment, this place really comes into its own. There’s a full programme of events on offer from noon ‘til nightfall, including the likes of quizzes by the pool and live cabaret-style shows for the adults. And when you want to get out and about, Puerto del Rosario, the island’s capital, is an easy 30-minute drive away.
Location• On the beach • 200m to the resort centre • Close to the airport
• 3 swimming pools • Whirlpool bath • Extensive terraces • Sunbeds • 3 pool bars
• Buffet dining room • 2 à la carte restaurants • Christmas and New Year Gala dinners included for guests staying on Half Board
• Daytime activities organised by the hotel entertainment team • Tennis • Table tennis • Volleyball • Basketball • Mini-football • Boules
• Hotel-run evening entertainment • 3 bars
• Children’s pool • Cots • Highchairs in restaurant • Playroom • Hotel-run miniclub
• 24-hour reception • These do not form part of your All Inclusive package: • Diving centre • Windsurfing school • Barcelo Thalasso Spa Centre in the nearby Barcelo Fuerteventura Resort • Minigolf • Pool table • Games room • Floodlights for tennis • Paddle tennis • Shuffleboard • Mini-market • Launderette
All apartments have air-conditioning, kitchenette with 2 electric rings, toaster and kettle, bath or shower, satellite TV, phone, maid service 5 times a week, and balcony or terrace. 1 bedroom apartments accommodate a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children, with a twin or double bed and lounge containing a sofa bed.
All Inclusive Option
• Full Board buffet meals • Beer, wine, water and soft drinks with lunch and dinner • Snacks between meals • Select local and international alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, tea, coffee and water, 10.00-23.00 • Afternoon tea, coffee and biscuits 15.00-18.00 • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide