Bavaro Princess details
Blonde sands, aquamarine seas and lashings of Dominican spirit – this exotic escape has got relaxation written all over it.
‘Caribbean’. It’s a word that conjures up images of angel-dust sands, turquoise seas and nodding palms. So it comes as no surprise to find exactly that at Hotel Bavaro Princess. Carved out of the mangroves and rainforest of the Dominican Republic’s east coast, this exotic spot is bound to score high in the beach beauty stakes.
And then there’s the hotel itself. This tropical treat gives you more for your money than your average beach hotel. We’re talking a whole lot of luxury in the form of 808 split-level suites. Decorated in soft shades of gold and terracotta, they nestle in the eight-suite bungalows that speckle 92 acres of Eden-like garden. If you don’t fancy walking down the garden trails to the main building and pools, don’t worry - there’s a shuttle service that will whisk you all the way. But keep your eyes peeled on your journey and you’ll see everything from flamingos and peacocks to lizards and parrots. It’s a totally tropical experience.
But let’s face it, the beach is the real star of the show. Swaying palms, dazzling white sands and sparkling blue waters. To sum it up, it’s complete and utter paradise. Spend lazy days stretched out on your shoreside sunlounger. Paddle in the bath-warm sea shallows. Or stay away from the sand altogether and make the most of the two pools.
Tired of taking it easy? There’s plenty on offer to keep idle thumbs busy. And if all inclusive activities like archery, windsurfing and beach football aren’t enough to get your heart pumping, splash out on horse-riding along the beach, scuba diving or a session at the spa.
To say this is heaven on earth is an understatement. This is truly paradise found.
Location Beachfront 350m from shops at Plaza Bavaro Taxi service operates from the hotel
25 minutes from Punta Cana or 2 hours from La Romana
2 swimming pools Pool bar
• La Hispaniola buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snacks • Chopin international buffet restaurant for dinner with a live piano concert • Trapiche buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch • Gaucho Argentinian steakhouse for buffet meals during the day and à la carte dinners • Bella Pasta Italian à la carte restaurant • Pescador seafood à la carte restaurant • Tanuki teppanyaki à la carte restaurant • Sakura Asian à la carte restaurant • McPrincess snack bar • Christmas and New Year gala dinners • The following do not form part of your All Inclusive package: • Licey lakeside gourmet à la carte restaurant • Café del Mar beach restaurant
• Health centre with fully-equipped gym, sauna and whirlpool bath • Organised daily sports and activities 10.00-18.00 • 3 tennis courts • Dance lessons • Aqua aerobics • Water volleyball • Beach volleyball • Aerobics • Table tennis • Kayaks • Windsurfing • Catamaran • Snorkeling - deposit and insurance required
• Nightly entertainment with shows, live music and themed nights • Lancelot Disco • Lobby bar • Theatre bar • Bar Guayubin • Bar Licey • Bar Chiringo • Bar Trapiche • Bar Guaymate • Bar Chopin • Platinum lounge bar • Platinum beach bar • Café del Mar bar
• Hotel-run kids’ club for 4-12yrs, 09.00-17.00 • Mini-disco on select days, 20.00-20.45
The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Motorised sports • Telephone/fax • Laundry service • Supermarket • Cigar shop • Money exchange • Casino • Massage • Reflexology • Hairdresser • Minibar • Room service • Taxis
Standard rooms are Bungalow suites that sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12 yrs and have king-size or twin beds, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, satellite TV, phone, mini-fridge with soft drinks and beer, hairdryer and split-level bedroom, living room and a whirlpool bath.
Honeymooners get fresh fruit basket and bottle of rum, special floral decoration in the room and a romantic meal for 2.
• Full Board and snacks - 24-hour, restrictions apply • Selected local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide