Hotel Illa d'Or details
With fantastic views across a bay, the Illa d’Or has a setting to die for and the looks to match.
There’s almost a Spanish colonial feel about this hotel with its balustraded balconies and terracotta rooftops. And that old-style character certainly works its charm because guests keep returning year after year.
When it comes to location the Illa d’Or pulls out all the stops. In fact, it’s in one of the most scenic spots in this part of Majorca, nestled among shady pine trees and looking out across crystal clear waters. Plus it’s right on the beach. It even has its own private jetty. Wall-to-wall views stretch right across the bay and the hotel takes full advantage of them, with a terrace restaurant that makes al fresco dining all the more special. And while it’s tucked away from the bustle of Puerto Pollensa, a stroll along the seafront promenade gets you there in 15 minutes.
Vibe wise, it’s all about relaxation at the Illa d’Or. Days can be whiled away on a sunbed by the swimming pool, down on the beach, or strolling along the Pine Walk that leads from the hotel. Evenings tend to be informal and quiet here, revolving around sundowners on the terrace. That said there are professional shows a couple of times a week.
The rooms do pared-back rustic chic with aplomb. Expect a cream canvas with dark-wood trimmings. Minibars, bathrobes and satellite televisions are indulgent extras. But it’s worth a mention that standard rooms don’t necessarily come with balconies or sea views, so upgrade if you’d like these.
Location• 1.5km stroll along seafront promenade to centre of Puerto Pollensa • 60km from Palma
• Swimming pool • Heated indoor pool • Sun terraces
• Air-conditioned dining room with evening waiter service • Buffet breakfast • Snack restaurant for lunch • La Terrassa restaurant for dinner, à la carte available May to Oct • Gentlemen required to wear long trousers at dinner
• Vital Illa d'Or health and beauty centre • Gym • Sauna • Tennis court with equipment • Whirlpool bath • Bicycle and boat hire • Special golf packages available at Alcanada Golf in Alcudia and Capdepera Golf.
• Professional show twice a week • Dancing to live music once a week • Bar • Terrace bar
• Internet corner • Wi-Fi throughout hotel
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, satellite TV with limited channels, hairdyer, minibar, bathrobes, room service and turn-down service. Standard rooms have 2 beds. Standard rooms may vary in size, some have a skylight window. Double beds available on request.
Single rooms, Sea-view rooms and rooms with a balcony are available.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide