Sol Cayo Santa Maria details
“This just-opened beachfront hotel combines a great setting with first-class contemporary touches.”
The exclusive Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria Caribe is part of the Caribe-Tropical complex. So, while you’ll stay at the Caribe, you’ll also be able to make the most of the facilities at the Tropical next door.
Both properties are set alongside a white-sand beach, where you can look out over uninterrupted sea views. What’s more, the complex is surrounded by countryside, so you’ll have plenty in the way of peace and quiet.
On the facilities front, there are two swimming pools to choose from. They're huge lagoon-like affairs flanked by loungers and parasols. And because the beach is only a stone’s throw away, swapping sun terrace for sand couldn’t be easier.
As for the dining scene, there’s a Cuban eatery, a cosy Italian restaurant, a Mediterranean and a gourmet place, as well as two buffet restaurants. And for after-dinner drinks, you’ve got two theatre bars offering up cabaret, live music, dancing and comedy.
The accommodation itself is dotted around the Caribe’s gardens. All rooms come with spacious balconies or terraces, and modern trimmings like air-conditioning, CD players and minibars. Plus, if you opt to stay in a suite, you’ll get your own in-room hot tub, too.
Location• On the beach
1 hr 45 mins
• 2 swimming pools • 2 swim-up bars • Sunbeds • Terraces • Whirlpool bath • Pool towels
• 4 à la carte restaurants, dinner only • 2 buffet restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner • Themed evenings • Waiter service • 2 snack bars
• Daytime activities programme • Gym - available within the Pueblo just a 5 minute walk from the hotel • Tennis • Football • Basketball • Volleyball • Giant chess • Pedalos • Kayaking • Windsurfing • Snorkelling • Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Darts
• Evening entertainment programme • Live music and shows • Dancing lessons • Language lessons • 8 bars
• Children's pool • Hotel-run kids' clubs - Baby Club 0-4yrs and Mini Club 5-12yrs • Children's menu • Highchairs • Cots on request
• 24hr reception • Money exchange • Gardens • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package • Premium brand drinks • Room service • Beauty salon • Wellness entre • Spa treatments • Sauna • Massage • Turkish bath • Steam bath • Hairdresser • Shops • Laundry • Disco • Internet • Please note that the spa facilities and disco are in the Pueblo
All standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and have 1 king-size or twin beds, 3rd bed upon request, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, CD player, telephone, minibar with water, soft drinks and beer, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron and board, sitting area, balcony or terrace and pool or garden view.
• 24hr All Inclusive • Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • 2 visits per week to the à la carte restaurants for dinner • Snacks • Afternoon tea • Ice cream • Unlimited locally produced alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, served by the glass • Wine and beer with meals • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Sol Cayo Santa Maria:
in Cayo Ensenachos, The Cayos