Hotel Orion details
"With a garden-edged pool and a stretch of sand just seconds away, this traditional Cretan hotel has got relaxing holidays all sewn up."
This place puts all the holiday essentials on your doorstep. With a shopping centre next door, a handful of restaurants nearby and a golden sandy beach nearby, it scores top marks location-wise. And, if you fancy taking the tourist trail, the historical city of Rethymnon is only a five-minute drive away.
Back at the hotel, the large swimming pool was made for down-time. Framed by tall trees and green lawns, it’s a peaceful area overlooked by a cocktail bar. With drinks and snacks served up on its terrace throughout the day, it’s a great spot to refuel.
On the subject of food, the hotel’s restaurant rolls out a range of dishes from big American-style breakfasts to well-known Greek favourites. Decked out in dark wood and wicker furniture that spills into the garden, it’s a smart looking place with an authentic edge.
As for the bedrooms, they all sport a summery look with pastel wall colours, bold blue and yellow bedspreads and smart wooden furniture. Plus, satellite TVs, air-conditioning and private balconies all come as standard.
Location• 200m to the sand and shingle beach • 20m to nearest local shop, restaurant & bar • 1.5km to Platanes & nearest nightclub • 7km to Rethymnon • Bus-stop opposite hotel • Situated on the main road to Rethymnon
1 hr 30 mins to 2 hrs
• Swimming pool • Pool bar serving snacks, 10:00-24:00 • Sun terrace • Gardens • Sunbeds
• Main restaurant serving buffet meals
• Table tennis • Pool table
• Entertainment twice weekly • Lobby bar • Satellite TV room
• Playground • Highchairs • Cots
• Wi-Fi • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Watersports available on beach
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV with music channel, Wi-Fi, telephone, fridge and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds and pool view. Single rooms available.
• Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • Hot and cold snacks and ice cream available 10.00-18.00 • Locally produced alcoholic drinks, name brands, local wine, draught beer, mineral water, fruit juice and other soft drinks • Cocktails 10:00-24:00 • Lunch 13:00-14:30 • Afternoon tea 16:30-17:30 • Activities as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide