Riu Lupita details
A little smaller than its neighbouring hotels, the Riu Lupita gives Mexican holidays the personal touch.
Surrounded by tropical gardens and separated from the rest of Playacar by a well-tended golf course, this complex has a real away-from-it-all feel. But that’s not to say it’s cut off. The white sands and clear waters of Mexico’s Caribbean coast are just a 15-minute drive away – and there’s a complimentary shuttle bus that runs throughout the day.
This hotel has plenty to offer. Take the pool scene for starters. There’s a large rectangular pool complete with partially submerged sunbeds, plus a smaller, circular pool. A poolside bar completes the scene, while in the gardens beyond you’ll find hammocks strung between the palms.
Inside, they’ve kept things refreshingly simple. The bedrooms are spacious and light, with in-room extras like a minibar, liquor dispensers and air-conditioning.
Last but not least, there’s the restaurant to consider. It’s a thatched-roof, open-air affair, with everything served up buffet-style. There’s a separate à la carte Mexican eatery, too.
Location• Set in a peaceful corner of Playacar's golf course • 3.5km from the beach via shuttle bus • 2km from Playa del Carmen's centre with shops, bars and restaurants located on 5th Avenue
• 3 swimming pools • Sun terrace • Pool sunbeds and towels • Pool bar • Snack bar • Tropical gardens with hammocks
• Main restaurant serving buffet meals • Mexican à la carte restaurant • Themed buffets twice a week • Show cooking • Snack bar • Beach Restaurant serving buffet meals
• 2 floodlit tennis courts • Volleyball • Dance lessons • Aqua aerobics • Water volleyball • Giant chess • Multi-sports pitch • Basketball • Windsurfing • Catamaran • Kayaking • Snorkelling equipment • Scuba diving lesson in the pool • Non-motorised watersports • Table tennis
• Daily entertainment programme • Daily shows or RIU evening programme • 'La Pacha' nightclub with drinks, 6 nights a week
• Children's pool • RiuLand kids' club for 4-7 & 8-12yrs • Playground
• Lobby Wi-Fi use for 90 mins per day • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Additional Wi-Fi use • Spa • Massage • Beauty salon • Hairdresser • Internet access • Gift shop • Souvenir shop • Clothes boutique • Motorised watersports • PADI approved scuba diving school • Laundry service • Golf course nearby
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, bath, satellite TV, phone, Wi-Fi at a charge, minibar, liquor dispenser, hairdryer and toiletries. Double rooms have 1 king-size or 2 double beds and sleep up to 3 adults only or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12yrs.
• Full Board meals • Snacks • Selected local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges – please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide