Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel
in Playacar, Mexico Caribbean Coast, Mexico
Viva Wyndham Azteca Hotel details
This place ticks the beachfront box – it’s right on a wide, sugar-white stretch of sand. A few steps back from it you’ll find the pool. It’s a big, palm-fringed number with a thatched-roof bar at one end. On the activity front, there’s everything from dance classes to beach volleyball, while the watersports offering covers off things like paddle boarding, kayaking and diving. Refuel at the buffet restaurant, or try out one of the à la cartes – Il Palco specialises in Italian cuisine, Xul-Ha deals in traditional Mayan dishes, and Asian-inspired Bambú serves up teppanyaki steaks and handmade sushi rolls.
• Table football • Cocktail lessons • Cooking lessons • Dance classes
Location• 2km to 5th Avenue, with its shops, restaurants and nightlife • 3km to Playa del Carmen
Distance to beach:
• Internet centre* • Gift shop* • Boutique*
• Swimming pool • Sunbeds • Parasols • Towels
• Floodlit tennis court • Table tennis • Billiards • Bike hire • Volleyball • Bocce • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Water polo • Scuba diving* - free intro lesson in the pool • Windsurfing • Sailing • Kayaks • Snorkeling* • Fishing* • Horse riding*
Health & Fitness
• Gym • Yoga • Sauna • Renova Spa* offering massages*, wraps*, treatments* and beauty salon*
• Daytime and evening entertainment programme • Amphitheatre • Live music • Beach parties • 2 bars
All Inclusive Rooms
All rooms are spacious with traditional furnishings and come with air-conditioning, 32" LCD cable TV, iron and board, minibar containing a welcome package on arrival which isn't restocked, hairdryer and balcony or terrace.
Superior rooms sleep 2 with a double bed and garden view. Sea-view superior rooms are also available.
Couples Retreat rooms are beachfront junior suites for 2 with contemporary décor and have a king-size bed, plus a living room area, whirlpool bath in the room and sea views.
Food: Full Board buffet meals. A la carte dining - reservations required. 24-hour snacks.
Drink: Unlimited local and selected international alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Sports and Activities: All are included except where indicated *.
• El Nopal international buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner • Xul-Ha Mayan à la carte restaurant for dinner • Il Palco Italian à la carte restaurant for dinner • Bambú Oriental à la carte restaurant for dinner • Snack bar
Charges may be made for some facilities in addition to those highlighted as payable locally above.
* - payable locally
** - deposit required
† - Minimum age 14 years
†† - Minimum age 16 years
††† - Minimum age 18 years
*** - Must be accompanied by an adult