The Royal Playa del Carmen details
“This hotel defines luxury. It’s adults-only, it’s on the beach and it’s got whirlpool baths for two in every room.”
There are few other hotels better placed in Playa Del Carmen than this one. Set back from a long pale stretch of sand and just a block away from Playa Del Carmen’s famous Fifth Avenue, it lets you mix lazy beach days with getting out and about.
As for the hotel itself, its low-set, whitewashed buildings have got something of a split personality. Mediterranean-style touches come in the form of terracotta rooftops and wrought-iron balconies, while columns and alcoves give it a rather grand colonial feel.
Inside, bedrooms are painted in calm neutrals. Chunky dark-wood furniture and big well-dressed beds complete the picture. Luxe touches come in the form of double whirlpool baths and balconies with hammocks. In-room gadgets, meanwhile, include flatscreen satellite TVs, DVD players and minibars.
On the dining front there are six restaurants to choose from. Don’t miss Asiana which specialises in teppanyaki show-cooking. The battered fish in a mango curry sauce is a must try.
Rounding things off are two lagoon-like swimming pools featuring in-pool loungers and a swim-up bar. Elsewhere, there’s a sleek spa where you can have open-air massages and treatments like algae body wraps.
Location• 100m to beach • 100m nearest to bar, restaurant and shops • 200m to resort centre • 500m to nightclub • 1km to local bus station
• 3 freeform swimming pools: 1 for main activities, 1 quiet pool • Trade winds pool and swim-up bar
• 1 buffet restaurant 'Spice' • 5 à la carte restaurants: Tapas 'Pintxos', Caribbean 'Pelicanos', French/Mexican fusion 'Marta Marie', El Mediterraneo with show cooking and Oriental 'Asiana' • All restaurants are non-smoking • Indoor restaurants are air-conditioned • Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners
• Gym • Tennis • Bicycle hire • Yoga • Table tennis • Pool table • Kayaking • Snorkelling
• Daytime entertainment including games and competitions • Lounge • TV room • 7 bars • Cabaret every night
• 24-hour reception • Library • Internet • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Sauna • Whirlpool bath • Massage • Spa treatments • PADI approved scuba diving school • Games room • Hairdresser • Souvenir shop • Launderette • Online check-in - up to 48 hours before arrival using your Thomson booking reference
All rooms have air-conditioning, double whirlpool bath, flatscreen satellite LCD TV with CD/DVD player, telephone, minibar, coffee maker, iron/board, hairdryer, evening turn down service and balcony. Standard rooms are Royal Junior Suites and have a double or a king size bed.
Ultra All Inclusive
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner • All restaurants except the Chef's Plate are included in your All Inclusive package • Selection of national and international drinks, including beer, wine and sparkling wine • 24-hour All Inclusive • 1 try dive • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A- Z Guide for details
Hotels similar to the The Royal Playa del Carmen:
in Playa del Carmen, Mexico Caribbean Coast
in Playa del Carmen, Cancun
in Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya
in Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya