Melia Madeira Mare details
A lavish retreat, the Melia Madeira Mare combines contemporary design with VIP-style luxury.
Stylish. Luxurious. Cutting-edge. When it comes to describing this place, the adjectives roll off the tongue. With its gleaming white exterior and wave-like design, the brand new hotel certainly makes a good first impression.
Step inside, and it continues to deliver. In the lobby, spot-lit ceilings shine down on gleaming floors, while glass doors and funky wooden sculptures give the whole place a futuristic feel. You’ll find a bar here, too, which looks out over a beautiful terraced garden. With its plush sofas and lengthy drinks menu, it’s the ideal place to kick off your evenings.
As for the bedrooms, they’re as good-looking as the rest of the hotel. Cream walls are contrasted with splashes of violet, while lavish touches come in the form of plush carpets and luxurious bed covers. All the rooms have air-conditioning and flatscreen TVs, too, as well as super-sized balconies complete with sleek mahogany furniture.
When it comes to keeping busy at the Madeira Mare, there’s plenty to choose from. Relax by the swimming pool, or head down to the small pebble beach just 50 metres away. It’s backed by a waterfront promenade, which makes ideal strolling territory. If some pampering is in order though, make a beeline for the spa. With an indoor pool, a sauna and massage rooms, it’s the perfect chill-out zone.
The hotel’s dining scene is just as impressive. In the main restaurant, breakfast and evening meals are help-yourself affairs. You’ll also find on-the-spot cooking stations, so you can have your food just how you like it. For the ultimate gourmet experience though, book a table at the à la carte restaurant. The menu features a great range of traditional dishes, including plenty of pasta, pizza and seafood.
Location• 50m to small pebble beach, restaurant and bar • 1km to Madeira Casino • 3km to the Old Town
• Swimming pool • Indoor heated pool • Pool bar • Snack bar • Sunbeds
• Buffet breakfast • A la carte and buffet dinner - set menus • Occasional themed evenings • Christmas and New Year gala dinners included • Flexible dining option available: 7 nights Half Board on 14 night holidays and 3 nights Half Board on 7 night holidays. Meals can be taken on any day. Please contact our pre-travel team to add a flexible dining package to your booking.
• Hair and beauty salon • Spa treatments • Sauna • Massage • Turkish bath • Thalassotherapy • Steam bath • Whirlpool bath • Hydro-massage • Gym • Pool table
• Lounge • Lobby and terrace bar • Piano cocktail bar • Library • Games room
• Children's splash pool • Children's menu • Cots and highchairs
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout • Free internet desk • 24-hour room service • Laundry service • Money exchange
Luggage may be transported separately on the coach transfer
All rooms a double or twin beds, sofa-bed, air-conditioning, cable TV, phone, radio, free Wi-Fi, minibar, tea amd coffee facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, turndown service and balcony. Sole occupancy, Sea-view rooms and Limited sea-view rooms available at a supplement.
Honeymoons get sparkling wine in room on arrival and a dinner in the à la carte restaurant.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide