Pestana Promenade Hotel details
With sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean from its restaurant, cocktail bar and infinity pool, the Hotel Pestana Promenade makes the most of its prime location.
The Hotel Pestana Promenade is on the boulevard which runs from Funchal’s popular swimming area, the Lido, to Praid Formosa Beach. From the property, it’s a 15-minute walk to the town’s shops, bars and restaurants. Plus, there are a couple of eateries just a five-minute walk away.
The hotel’s star turn is its impressive infinity pool, which looks out over the Atlantic Ocean. In-pool sun loungers come in the form of funky red plastic sofas, and wide terraces and palm-dotted laws frame the whole scene. There’s a 15-seat outdoor whirlpool bath out here too, plus a smaller one indoors.
At mealtimes, choose between the buffet restaurant and the à la carte, which specialises in Portuguese and international dishes. For after-dinner drinks and great views of the sunset, head to Breezes Cocktail Bar. It’s open until 00.30 and puts on regular live music.
Location• Located on the promenade that stretches from Lido to Praia Formosa • 15 min walk to the resort centre
40 to 50 minutes
• Swimming pools • Indoor pool in the spa
• Breezes restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner • Deep-Blue à la carte restaurant • The Deck snack bar • Flexible dining - On a 7 night holiday you can choose to have Half Board for 3 or 5 days and on a 14 night holiday choose Half Board for 3, 5 or 7 days - supplement payable • Christmas Eve and New Year gala dinners
• Spa • Sauna • 4 treatment rooms • Turkish bath • Aromatherapy • Gym • Games room with snooker table • 2 whirlpool baths - 1 indoor in the spa for 9, 1 outdoor for 15
• Breezes cocktail bar with live music
• Laundry and dry cleaning service
All rooms have air-conditioning, LCD cable TV, telephone, internet at a charge, bathroom, hairdryer, mini-fridge balcony. Standard rooms sleep 2 adults and a child with twin beds, a child bed and have a limited sea view.
We also offer Sea-view rooms and Single rooms.
Discounted fees at the Palheiro 18-hole golf course.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide